Lighting Controls Designer
The MH Companies is one of Colorado’s most capable and well respected lighting and controls manufacturer’s sales representatives. Five divisions within The MH Companies provide our customers throughout the Rocky Mountain region with the area’s largest selection of lighting and controls products as well as site amenities, system programming, and a host of other offerings that are critical to the success of their projects. Representing over 70 manufacturers and thousands of products, MH Lighting
, MH Controls
, ProSite Services
, MH Roadway Solutions
and our newest division, MH Site Amenities, provide project specific solutions that consistently exceed the expectations of customers in our markets.
The primary responsibility of the Controls CAD Designer is to manage all aspects of lighting controls design from system take-off and sales support through submittal drawing creation and construction support. The Controls CAD Designer should be a self-starting lighting control system designer with strong organizational skills, customer service focus and AutoCAD skills to be a part the The MH Companies lighting controls department.
Summary of essential job functions:
Qualifications / Desired Attributes
- Review engineering drawings and create material takeoffs to meet the design intent for the particular project.
- Create lighting control submittal drawings utilizing AutoCAD LT and Bluebeam software.
- Provide drawings and expertise to the sales department and specifiers.
- Create construction sets detailing all aspects of control system installation and programming.
- Assist contractors and field technicians on projects to ensure a functional and code complaint lighting control system installation.
- Advance the design process of the controls department through drawing standard creation and the use of new technologies. Adapt controls designs to feedback received from the field technicians.
- Self-educate on the latest in code requirements driving lighting controls design. Keep abreast of the latest products from our manufacturers utilizing them to meet the requirements of particular projects.
- Provide initial control system programming for selected control systems. Training will be provided in the programming approach and software.
- Assist with the creation of product demonstration equipment.
MH Lighting is an EEO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
- At least 3 years of AutoCAD design experience or relevant training.
- Electrical (NEC) and Energy Conservation (IECC) code knowledge.
- Experienced in utilizing Bluebeam software to complete material counts and takeoffs.
- Strong computer skills with Windows based applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Customer service oriented approach.
- Construction, lighting, controls and/or electrical equipment experience preferred