Quotations & Sales Support/Customer Service
The MH Companies are truly at the forefront of the lighting industry's advancement in technology. As one of the largest privately held lighting manufacturing representation firms in the nation, we partner with over 70 of the most significant lighting industry manufacturers in the world. This partnership has earned us accolades as a premier representative.
Whether you are an experienced lighting industry guru or are enamored with the rapidly evolving technology that drives the world, The MH Companies offer unique and exciting employment opportunities in their Quotations, Client Services, Business Development Management and Engineering departments.
Entry-level talent will have tremendous growth opportunities and seasoned veterans with proven track records of success will have industry-leading earning potential.
The primary responsibility of the specification sales support position is projects direct coordination and response, with support to the sales team for specification cross, providing technical information as requested, and customer service to manufacturers or customers either via phone and email or in person.In this role you will also assemble, plan, and coordinate the quotations and estimates for large lighting projects for our customers.
This will be accomplished using proper bid strategies and careful consideration of all factors to ensure the best possible opportunity for securing bids. Customer service duties, including consulting with manufacturers and suppliers, as well as project managers and engineers is also a major component for this position.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Helping with customer service pricing and technical items as needed, including answering phone calls, emails, contact forms, and other forms of communication from customers.
- Directing customers to the right solutions or products by either developing and/or using your lighting products experience.
- Maintaining a focus on achieving an established sales goal, and meet it continually.
- Building, sending, and following up on large lighting project quotations with customers. Project pricing is built using both electronic and printed price materials. It is crucial that projects are ready to bid on the given bid date (for several hundred projects annually) so attention to detail and time-management is necessary.
- Research and provide technical information to Sales as requested
- Provide Ratings, Modifications, Quote requests, Availability, Lead times
- Forward cut sheets, information to customers as requested
- Print large scale plans, print cut sheets, quotes, images as requested
- Communicate directly with customer, EE, Architect as requested or required
- Assist quotes when possible with clarification as directed by sales
- Actively search online database for new and/or existing projects
- Provide .IES files, Cut sheets, Solutions, Options and Alternates if appropriate
- Prepare Point-by-Point layouts as directed in AGI, and AutoCAD
- Handle Price & Availability requests from Distributors. Verifying complete cat #’s, project names, etc. Contact quotes for pricing. Respond to Distributor in a timely manner. CC sales involved.
- Determine what customer (really) needs, verify, and obtain customer name, contact info, project name, location, arch & EE if possible.
- Communicate with Manufacturer, Quotes, Sales, Customer directly Via PHONE if possible.
- Provide solution, Cut Sheet, Part number, Availability, and nearest distributor contact info.
- Update project statuses in our system
Preferred Requirements for Lighting Quotations:
- Thorough knowledge of lighting products is highly desirable.
- If no lighting experience, we are willing to consider those with similar experience in estimates / estimation or bidding, quotes / quotations, procurement, experience in HVAC, electrical supply or electrical part sales, and mechanical suppliers or wholesalers
- Ability & willingness to pitch in and help others if required. Be helpful.
- Strong competitive salary + bonuses
- Health benefits
We review every single resume that we receive and will be in contact with you if we are interested in moving forward! Thank you!