California Book Services
Huntington Beach, CA
We are a textbook broker specializing in K-12 and University-level textbooks and learning materials. We are a growing company run by a serial entrepreneur who has his hands in different business cookie jars including a blossoming land acquisition and e-commerce business.
Never worked for an entrepreneur before? They’re full of ideas and often operate at a mile a minute. To make sure every T is crossed and I is dotted, they need a wingwo/man to help them keep their heads on straight. That’s where you come in.
What We’re Looking for in an Administrator:
We need a tech-savvy, helpful, detail-oriented, super high-five Administrative Assistant who will help manage all of the day-to-day activities and organize all of the things for our book brokerage business. This may include handling phone and email correspondence, project management, pushing programs forward, spearheading new business initiatives and supporting existing lines of business, and pretty much anything else that could quite possibly come up and fit under “other miscellaneous duties as assigned.”
This position offers someone an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced and growing entrepreneurial organization with multiple business lines in which you will serve as the backbone of our enterprise by wearing multiple hats and generally making stuff happen.
Typical Expectations of our Administrative Assistant
Compensation and Benefits
- Bill pay and accounting
- Keeping track of incoming shipments and staying on top of logistics (this will help inform everyone in the company about inventory coming in.)
- Booking small freight with DHL USA and creating packing lists for outgoing shipments
- Doing online research and investigating in different products
- Keeping tasks organised and monitoring other small startup projects
- Potentially helping manage online inventory
- Running errands
- $40K- $50K salary w/room to develop and grow
- Health Benefits Stipend
- PTO/Sick Time