Rulien & Associates, LLC
Tax Preparer Accountant
We pride ourselves on being a flexible and pretty laid back company. We all get along and have great working partnerships with one another, so you’d have to be cool with a great culture, monthly lunch and learns, and a fun collaborative environment.
Living in the Anchorage area affords us the luxury of having the great outdoors right in our backyard, so sometimes we work half days if the weather is just too ding dang nice to stay inside. On the other hand, sometimes we leave early when the sky won’t stop dumping snow all over the place. See? We’re all about flexibility. We also believe in efficiency and freedom.
The Basic Expectations
We are looking for an experienced tax preparer to handle our client's taxes and financial well-being. You will also be cross-trained on ongoing monthly client accounting, but focused mostly on taxes.
- Managing expectations, workflows, and various projects.
- Handle approximately 400-500 returns a year (we also do a lot of extensions)
- Taking initiative to learn what you don’t know, asking questions if unsure, and improving your skills every chance you get
- Thorough and genuine understanding of accounting and tax principles (if you don’t know debits and credits, we can‘t be friends)
- Super bonus points if you’re awesome at QuickBooks
If you’re motivated, energetic, and wanting to submerse yourself in a winning environment, we definitely want your digits!
Your Return on Investment
We offer a cushy base hourly pay + production bonus. We’ll also supply you with some high quality benefits, 401k, 100% employer-funded profit sharing program, all the typical holidays off, and a work/life balance that would make a part-timer blush. Seriously, you won't be working 80 hours per week here, EVEN DURING BUSY SEASON. Also, you must take vacations. No exceptions!
As noted, we’re pretty technologically driven and stay up-to-date on the latest in our field.
This is a fully remote position!