Director of Construction
August Roofing is seeking a Director of Construction who will support our professional Roofing, Solar, and Gutter installations. As the Director of Construction you will be on the front line interacting daily with existing customers, listening to inquiries, providing helpful problem-solving and troubleshooting, and coordinating with our installation teams to resolve and complete projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organization that has been established for over 29 years. August Roofing exists to redefine Professionalism in the roofing industry. August Roofing embraces people, principle, and purpose. You will feel appreciated, valued, and rewarded for your hard work.
Who is our perfect employee?
August Roofing is seeking an experienced Director of Construction who will lead our professional Roofing, Solar, and Gutter installations.
As the Director of Constructionyou will be on the front line of project oversight, managing a group of Superintendents and their installation crews, and providing helpful problem-solving and troubleshooting. Additionally, the person in this role will work with a variety of people across the company to perform his/her job. Our ideal candidate will need to have a solid base of construction/roofing knowledge and management skills.
- This is a hands-on, project management position. This role will be expected to conduct on-site inspections and manage construction projects from the planning stages through completion and have responsibility for profit margins, deadlines, and resource allocation.
- Supervise and manage of all Superintendents and installation crews/employees. Oversee installation projects, including directing installation requirements, comparing results to plans, coordinating team members, estimating change orders, scheduling inspections and resolving problems.
- Demonstrate top-notch communication through things like required job updates with our online CRM/Jobsite tool, time-tracking application, required progress reports, job costing, and will resolve issues, provide well thought out solutions, and escalate as needed to senior management for guidance and resolution.
- The successful individual must be well organized, possess great multi-tasking capabilities, and be able to think on their feet and make decisions quickly. Responsibilities include direct communication with staff, management, customers, and vendors.
- Train and hold management staff accountable to comply with all company policies and procedures. Practice positive employee relations, including maintaining positive morale and a genuine, upbeat work environment
- Implement, participate, and monitor performance evaluation programs to develop Foreman/Superintendents for future advancement. Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions such as transfer or promotions.
The nature of the work requires the performance of heavy work such as lifting, carrying, and moving tools, equipment, and supplies at considerable heights.
Why Join Our team?
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience with Opportunities for Career Development
- Company Truck, Phone, Gas Card and Tools Provided
- Health, Accident, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k Savings Program Offered
- Paid Sick, Vacation, and Holidays