Wilhelm & Associates, Ltd. CPAs
Falls Church, VA
Remote Senior Tax Accountant
We are a next generation tax and accounting firm who embraces rapidly changing technology to provide our clients with specialized, enhanced service at all times. We offer day-to-day accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll services; tax planning and preparation; and strategic business consulting to clients in the real estate, legal, and government space—all delivered with exceptional experience, responsive service, and a commitment to helping our clients succeed.
We offer the flexibility you’d expect in a smaller firm atmosphere with a lot of diversity in the day-to-day activities. Over the years, we’ve cherry-picked our clients so we’re able to maintain a better professional relationship with a pleasurable experience on both ends. We appreciate our employees and work diligently to do the right thing by them and our clients so we can maintain long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships.
We are an employee-owned company ESOP which means all of the people on the team directly benefit from the success of the company and it’s profits making it a great long term home for folks looking for strong retirement and ownership in their work.
About the Tax Manager Role
Are you experienced and confident, looking for a chance to work with happy staff and appreciative clients? Do you want to work from home with flexible hours? Wilhelm & Associates Ltd., a Next Generation CPA firm following the Rootwork model as an Academy member, , is looking for an enthusiastic, capable, and dedicated individual with a great sense of humor to join our team as a Senior Tax Manager. In this position, you’ll work closely with our clients and staff to give them the excellent personalized service that we consider to be one of our trademarks
- Review and prepare individual, trust, corporate, not for profit and partnership tax returns utilizing UltraTax.
- Prepare and review tax research, tax projections and planning.
- Perform staff training.
- Some experience in changes in accounting methods, letter rulings, etc. a plus.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will enjoy interacting with our staff and diverse and unique clientele on a regular basis. In order to meet the demands of the position, applicants must…
- Have 5 years plus experience in a CPA or tax firm.
- Have a CPA or EA and have, or be pursuing, a Masters in Tax degree.
- Be able to adapt to changing situations & work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks On-Line a key skill.
- Be comfortable working in the cloud, proficient in the use of technology, and have experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with Thomson Reuters Professional software is a plus.
- Speak English clearly and coherently.
Compensation and Benefits
- Slack and Zoom
- Remote Desktop
- QuickBooks online for Bookkeeping
- Competitive base salary
- Paid medical
- Fully remote / virtual work opportunity