Lighting Controls / CAD Manager
Be part of a successful, growing company in an exciting and challenging field.
The primary responsibility of the Controls CAD Manager is to manage all aspects of your team's lighting controls design, from system take-off and sales support, through submittal drawing creation and construction support. The Controls CAD Designer should be a self-starter with strong organizational, customer service, and AutoCAD skills.
Summary of essential job functions:
Qualifications / Desired Attributes
- Review engineering drawings and create material takeoffs to meet the design intent for the particular project.
- Create lighting control submittal drawings utilizing AutoCAD LT and Bluebeam software.
- Provide drawings and expertise to the sales department and specifiers.
- Create construction sets detailing all aspects of control system installation and programming.
- Assist contractors and field technicians on projects to ensure a functional and code complaint lighting control system installation.
- Advance the design process of the controls department through drawing standard creation and the use of new technologies. Adapt controls designs to feedback received from the field technicians.
- Self-educate on the latest in code requirements driving lighting controls design. Keep abreast of the latest products from our manufacturers utilizing them to meet the requirements of particular projects.
- Provide initial control system programming for selected control systems. Training will be provided in the programming approach and software.
- Assist with the creation of product demonstration equipment.
- AutoCAD design experience or relevant training.
- Experience with Lighting Controls, Applications, and Quotes.
- Strong computer skills with Windows based applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Customer service oriented approach.
- Construction, lighting, controls and/or electrical equipment experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary DOE
- Department sales growth incentives
- 401(k) Contribution with 3% match
- Health / Medical Benefits
- 3 weeks Paid Time-Off
We are the upper Midwest representative for some of the world’s finest architectural, commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential lighting and lighting controls. Our agency services include technical support, lighting design, computerized layouts, mock-ups, quotations, and unequaled project management.