Lighting Quotes / Project Management
Greater New York City Area
As a Quotations / Project Manager
for Kay Lighting, your objective will be to generate and expand sales by planning, organizing and executing projects on-time while managing profitability and customer satisfaction.
You will have…
- Managing customer orders from time purchase order is secured through acknowledgment to final billing including drawings, expediting, change orders and billing resolution.
- Providing lighting design assistance for projects per contractor and owner requirements on design/build projects.
- Working with manufacturers and manufacturers’ representatives to quote and sell lighting products on these projects.
- Preparing timely and accurate quotes for engineered projects.
- Monitoring all projects for profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Resolving all disputes associated with issues as they arise throughout the project process. Working with customers, vendors and other Kay Lighting departments to proactively resolve problems.
- Constantly monitoring and reporting on the progress of a project to all stakeholders.
- Fostering and maintaining positive, effective business relationships with internal and external Kay Lighting customers and other third parties at all levels and project phases.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of market, competitors, products and services
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to resolve conflicting situations
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Strong aptitude for math and effective negotiating skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Previous experience in the electrical / lighting industry
- Familiarity with electrical codes
- Working knowledge of design process and techniques
- Competitive base salary + bonuses
- Health / Medical
- Vacation and sick days
- 401k match
Kay Lighting has been family owned and operated since 1947. We are a full service wholesale lighting distributor with access to over 500 product lines in both the residential and commercial markets. Our designers work on space planning for residential projects, as well as having the ability to layout fixtures for exterior lighting and commercial applications which include the hospitality industry, retail, mixed use properties and office buildings.
We are able to design projects within any price range and specialize in value engineering projects to bring them within a specified or target budget. In addition to lighting design and supply, we are also able to provide energy analysis, and retrofit solutions for existing properties and renovations.
We have access to the latest in lighting and fixture lamp technology and make sure all of our customers have the latest option for energy saving solutions at the most competitive price.